Monday, February 19, 2007

What a Weekend

Here I am with the new car. This is big. For me, getting this car is on the level of being told I won the lottery. When I got behind the wheel for the first time, I could not stop smiling. I know now what it's like to one of those guys who pines after a Porsche and finally gets to buy one when he's 55. Except that I'm not having a mid-life crisis and I'm just turning 30.

I've been dreaming about this car FOREVER. And now I have one. I am usually not a materialistic person, but it feels really good to have a Prius. Perhaps because when I drive it I know I'm not polluting quite so much. It's going to be dreamy to drive it to Sequoia National Park this week.

Other highlights from the weekend:
  1. Going to the L'Amyx grand opening. It was PACKED. The lion dance was fabulous and the fireworks were loud. The place is going to be a hit.
  2. Eating at Cafe Gratitude. Yum. They had water jugs that had words like "truth" and "abundance" etched on them. I drank from the abundance jar.
  3. Watching episodes of the BBC version of The Office.
  4. Taking pictures of the magnolia trees in bloom.
  5. Seeing friends old and new.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend. Thanks for letting us be a part of it!